The Buddha: 10 Quotes for Leading Well


On passion: “If anything is worth doing, do it with all your heart.”
On mindset: “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”
On keeping your word: “Much though he recites the sacred texts, but acts not accordingly, that heedless man is like a cowherd who only counts the cows of others.”
On character: "Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove."
On responsibility: “By oneself is evil done; by oneself is one defiled. By oneself is evil left undone; by oneself is one made pure. Purity and impurity depend on oneself; no one can purify another.”
On commitment: “As an elephant in the battlefield withstands arrows from bows shot all around, even so shall I endure abuse.”
On self-control: "Whoever doesn't flare up at someone who's angry wins a battle that's hard to win."
On trust: “Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations."
On generosity: “If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass with sharing it in some way.”
On patience: "A jug fills drop by drop."
Whenever I read little kernels of wisdom like these, I take a moment to reflect on whether I'm actually operating in these ways, or simply nodding and agreeing that I should.  I want to make the effort to be the best leader and the best person I can; as the Buddha also says, "Irrigators channel waters, fletchers straighten arrows, carpenters bend wood, the wise master themselves."
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

My name is Horn Ken. I design this blog with purpose to share leadership development tips and also working to find greatest sources for leadership building. I hope users benefit from this blog as I do. Please kindly share it if you find my article useful!